10/24/2010

in search of GOD

In my work towards an inner peace and a healthy spirit, I’ve come to see God in a new light. Associating with God does not mean associating with a religion, and associating with a religion does not mean associating with the dogma of a religion.
God is not a thing or a person, the closest word I can use to describe him in reasonable terms is as a concept. He (it, she, they) represents what is unknown in our lives. He is everything I can’t describe using words, and everything I feel that can’t be explained with reason.
Faith in God requires a subordination of reason, because God cannot be explained in reasonable terms. My belief in God stems from a dissatisfaction with philosophy and science as a way to put life in context. God is the answer to all doubt and gives meaning to life otherwise aimless.
I am worried about my future and the state of my soul, but by simply putting faith in God, my worries disassemble and I can peaceably go on my way without getting bogged down by endless political/philisophical/scientific debate.
Once I stop worrying about my place in the world and just believe that I have a place, I can start to do my work. Without constant speculation about the higher meaning of my actions, I can put my head down and truly explore my connection to the earth and define myself by cutting a path through life.
I can now get over the modern stigma against religion, and embrace it as a community that shares the same fundamental belief that I do: faith in God without reason. The community reminds me that my life is more positive when I stop contemplating utopia and start letting God positively guide my actions. As we are faced with decisions, we can all instinctively judge between right and wrong, and it is faith in God that allows that feeling inside of us to guide our actions.
If you don’t already, try putting faith in God as an experiment. See if it is effective in curbing your doubts and anxiety. See if you can find meaning in your life by ending the aimless search for meaning in your life. Try not to be distracted by forces that make you question yourself and try putting faith in God as a answer your doubts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Effective Research skills

Doing research effectively is an art in itself that involves various skills honed with practice. It’s essential for students to be taught t...